Nabhi Kriya to Set The Navel Centre - Kundalini Yoga
this kriya changed me. when I first started my teacher training course, someone advised me that to be a good teacher, it’s important to practice nabhi kriya for 40 days. despite finding it absurdly difficult at the time, i wanted to be the best teacher i could possibly be so i went for it. this kriya built my confidence, helped me to assert and project myself, motivated and inspired me, built my personal power, helped me find balance within myself, gave me a greater knowing of my own personal identity (and of course it gave me a stomach of steel!). some people have gone as far as to say this kriya has saved their life! if need be, half time the exercises and build up to the full time. close your eyes, do your best, and take a walk to the sky. good luck sweet ones <3
Nabhi refers to the nerve plexus around the navel point. This set focuses on developing the strength of the navel point. Times indicated are for advanced students. To begin practice, start with 3 to 5 minutes for the longer exercises. Together, these exercises get the abdominal area in shape quickly and activate the power of the Third Chaka.
1) Alternate Leg Lifts. On back, inhale and lift right leg up to 90 degrees. Exhale and lower it. Repeat with left leg. Continue alternate leg lifts with deep powerful breathing for 10 minutes.
This is for the lower digestive area.
2) Leg Lifts. Without pause lift both legs up to 90 degrees on inhale and lower them on exhale. For balance and energy, have the arms stretched straight up palms facing each other. 5 minutes.
This is for the upper digestion and solar plexus.
3) Knees to chest. Bend knees and clasp them to chest with the arms, allowing the head to relax back. Rest in this position for 5 minutes.
This eliminates gas and relaxes the heart.
4) Beginning in position 3, inhale, open the arms straight out to the sides on the ground and extend the legs straight out to 60 degrees. Exhale and return to original position. Repeat and continue for 15 minutes.
This charges the magnetic field and opens the navel center.
5) Leg Lift. On back bring left knee to the chest, hold it there with both hands and rapidly raise the right leg up to 90 degrees and down, inhaling up, exhaling down, for 1 minute. Switch legs and repeat for 1 minute. Repeat the complete cycle once more.
This sets the hips and lower spine.
6) Front Bends. Stand up straight, raising arms overhead, hugging ears and press fingers back so that palms face the sky or ceiling. Exhale as you bend forward to touch the ground, keeping the arms straight and hugging ears, and inhale up, very slowly with deep breathing. On exhale apply mulbandh. Continue at a slow pace for 2 minutes, then more rapidly for 1 more minute.
This is for the entire spinal fluid and the aura.
7) Totally relax or meditate for l0 minutes.
let all that hard work work for you x